By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st whole, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as a whole advent to the sector or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from major interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main up to date and leading edge study within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, expertise, and their broader highbrow environments
Read or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
Within the Shadow of the Moon tells the tale of the main interesting and difficult years in spaceflight, with superpowers engaged in a sizeable fight to land considered one of their very own humans at the moon. Drawing on interviews with astronauts, cosmonauts, their households, technicians, and scientists, in addition to infrequently visible Soviet and American govt files, the authors craft a extraordinary tale of the golden age of spaceflight as either an intimate human event and a rollicking international experience.
The 20 th century used to be one among miraculous swap in technological know-how, in particular as pursued within the usa. opposed to a backdrop of dramatic political and monetary shifts introduced through global wars, intermittent depressions, sporadic and infrequently tremendous raises in investment, and increasing deepest patronage, this clinical paintings essentially reshaped lifestyle.
The technical difficulties confronting various societies and sessions and the measures taken to unravel them shape the worry of this annual choice of essays. It bargains with the background of technical discovery and alter and explores the connection of know-how to different facets of lifestyles - social, cultural and fiscal - and exhibits how technological improvement has formed, and been formed through, the society within which it happened.
Technology and know-how experiences (STS) is a comparatively younger yet influential box. students from disciplines as varied as city reviews, mobility reviews, media reports, and physique tradition reports are undertaking a scientific discussion with STS, looking to enhance their very own investigations. inside of STS, the Social development of expertise (SCOT) idea has proved to be probably the most influential in its neighboring fields.
- Lee de Forest: King of Radio, Television, and Film
- Hidden Warships: Finding World War II's Abandoned, Sunk, and Preserved Warships
- History of Technology Volume 17
- Hidden Warbirds II: More Epic Stories of Finding, Recovering, and Rebuilding WWII's Lost Aircraft
- Mapping and Empire: Soldier-Engineers on the Southwestern Frontier
- Science and Technology in World History: An Introduction
Additional resources for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)